- Japan provides medical equipment worth Rs 1 billion
- China releases white paper on facts and its position on trade friction with U.S.
- Algiers OPEC-non-OPEC meeting snubs U.S. calls to raise oil outputs
- Five years plan be set for country's development: CPN Chair Prachanda
- National interest be considered in citizenship act amendment: Khanal
Limbuwan committee enforces vehicular strike
Taplejung, Jan 24: The Limbuwan Joint Struggle Committee has enforced a strike in vehicular movement in the districts across Arun River, affecting normal life from early morning today.
The Committee called the chakkajam to protest the Rangeli incident that took place on Thursday in Morang district.
The life in Taplejung, Panchthar, Ilam, Tehrathum, Sankhuwasabha, Jhapa and other districts of the eastern region has been affected as the vehicles of short and long routes have remained off the road.
However, the markets and educational institutions would open as usual, the Committee stated.
The Limbuwan Party Nepal and three other fringe parties active in the district have also accused the state of using extra force against the innocent people in Rangeli. RSS
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...