- Japan provides medical equipment worth Rs 1 billion
- China releases white paper on facts and its position on trade friction with U.S.
- Algiers OPEC-non-OPEC meeting snubs U.S. calls to raise oil outputs
- Five years plan be set for country's development: CPN Chair Prachanda
- National interest be considered in citizenship act amendment: Khanal
Awkward to walk in bikini on stage: Priyanka
Actress and Miss World 2000 Priyanka Chopra says she was lucky not to have a swimsuit round during the competition as she finds it strange to walk in bikini on stage.
The organisers of The Miss World contest, which has been an annual feature since 1951, have removed swimsuit round from their competition starting next year.
To this, Priyanka said: "Obviously it's strange to walk in heels and swim suit on stage. Take us to a pool or a beach and do that shoot, that's fine because that's a natural environment. It's weird and not natural."
"I have found it awkward myself but I am happy that it didn't happen with me in my years during Miss World. We didn't have this swimsuit round," she added.
Rolene Strauss of South Africa was crowned the 64th Miss World winner in London Dec 14 and it marked the final event featuring contestants wearing bikinis.
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...