- 12th Meeting of Nepal-China Bilateral Consultation Mechanism held in Beijing
- US Senate advances vote on ending military support for Saudis in Yemen
- China probes Canadian on suspicion of 'harming' national security
- Tamang donates land for Ward Office in Kaski district
- Former President pitches for full implementation of constitution
Quake-hit Gorkha Dubar opens to devotees from today
Gorkha, Aug 24: The Gorakhkali Temple in the premises of historical Gorkha Dubar has been opened to the public from today after remaining closed after the April 25 devastating earthquake.
Earlier, entry of the visitors and devotees was prohibited citing insecurity.
Chief of Durbar Management Committee Ganesh Bhattarai said that the temple was opened for public after the maintenance of Gorakhnath Temple, Kalika Temple, Gorkha Durbar and the walls.
Bhattarai added that the temple was repaired by using Rs 2.5 million allocated by the Department of Archeology. Many parts of the Gorakhkali Temple were damaged after the deadly quake.
Bhattarai said that millions of amount was needed for the entire management and maintenance of the Durbar region. More than 300 devotees visit the temple everyday for offering Pooja. RSS
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...