- 12th Meeting of Nepal-China Bilateral Consultation Mechanism held in Beijing
- US Senate advances vote on ending military support for Saudis in Yemen
- China probes Canadian on suspicion of 'harming' national security
- Tamang donates land for Ward Office in Kaski district
- Former President pitches for full implementation of constitution
Petrol bombs hurled targeting FM Mahat
Nuwakot, July 20: Petrol bombs were hurled targeting the vehicle carrying Finance Minister Dr Ram Sharan Mahat at Suryamati VDC today. Minister Mahat was on his way to Nuwakot Constituency No 2 to collect people's feedback on preliminary draft of new constitution.
No one was hurt however in the incident. An unidentified person had hurled three petrol bombs targeting the vehicle carrying the Finance Minister.
Police personnel who reached the incident site said that it has not been confirmed yet whether or not it was petrol bombs. Police Chief in Nuwakot, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Arun Poudel, said that the team found one broken bottle and two other bottles used to develop the improvised explosive device from the incident site.
Investigation into the incident was underway, said DSP Poudel. Gajendra Bista, press advisor of the Minister Mahat, however said that petrol bombs were hurled targeting Finance Minister Mahat.
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...