- PM Oli remembers late PM Adhikari
- Media has tremendous power in disaster management, says Baskota
- President Xi delivers keynote speech at 2nd Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation
- Putin lauds China infrastructure initiative, warming ties
- Diarrhoea taking week long toll on rural Gulmi village yet to be contained
Shrestha sworn in as Chief Justice
Kathmandu, July 8: President Dr Ram Baran Yadav today administered oath of office and secrecy to Chief Justice (CJ) Kalyan Shrestha. President Dr Yadav administered oath of office and secrecy to Shrestha amid a function at the Office of the President in Sheetal Niwas.
On the occasion, Vice-President Parmanand Jha, Prime Minister Sushil Koirala, Speaker Subas Nembang, deputy prime ministers, chiefs of constitutional bodies, former prime ministers, ministers, chief secretary, chiefs of security bodies and others high-level government officials were present.
Shrestha was appointed the CJ from today after Ram Kumar Prasad Saha was retired from the post on the ground of age limit on Tuesday.
Based on the recommendation of the Constitutional Council, a parliamentary hearing special committee had approved Shrestha’s name as the CJ on June 29.
It is learnt that Shrestha shall remain in the top post of the judiciary for next ten months. RSS
President Bidhya Devi Bhandari is leaving for China on a state visit on Wednesday (April 24). It will be the first state visit of the Head of State after...