- 12th Meeting of Nepal-China Bilateral Consultation Mechanism held in Beijing
- US Senate advances vote on ending military support for Saudis in Yemen
- China probes Canadian on suspicion of 'harming' national security
- Tamang donates land for Ward Office in Kaski district
- Former President pitches for full implementation of constitution
'New constitution within a month'
Biratnagar, July 5: CPN (UML) Chairman KP Sharma Oli has expressed the belief that the new constitution would be promulgated by the end of July.
Talking briefly to media persons at Biratnagar Airport here today, Chairman Oli said the draft of the new constitution would be put before the people for the suggestion once the draft is passed from the Constituent Assembly (CA).
He clarified that there was no meaning of protest of some lawmakers and added that the international community has wanted an end to ongoing political transition in Nepal through constitution promulgation.
The CPN (UML) Chairman stressed that the unity among political parties would exist until the promulgation of new constitution, as the consensus forged among political parties in course of constitution writing process is a historical achievement.
Responding to a query, the UML chief said promulgating the new constitution was his first priority rather than becoming the prime minister.
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...