- China releases white paper on facts and its position on trade friction with U.S.
- Algiers OPEC-non-OPEC meeting snubs U.S. calls to raise oil outputs
- Five years plan be set for country's development: CPN Chair Prachanda
- National interest be considered in citizenship act amendment: Khanal
- Nepal to play against Tajikistan in first match of Bangabandhu Gold Cup
Timber worth Rs 7 million remains dumped
Ilam, Dec 9: Timber worth seven million rupees confiscated at different times by the Gajurmukhi Area Forest Office here lies dumped as the office failed to auction it off.
Similarly, different vehicles including a bus, a truck, five tractors, a pick-up van, two motorcycles and a couple of bicycles used in timber smuggling that the Office seized also are dumped for the same reason.
Meanwhile, the Office has filed 36 cases against 148 people on the charge of timber smuggling and illegal felling of trees in different national forests in the southern range of the district.
The timber and vehicles that are dumped on the premises of the Office were confiscated during the last five years, it is stated. RSS
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...