Home Minister vows to come up with facts surrounding Panchthar massacre
Kathmandu, May 22: Home Minister Ram Bahadur Thapa has promised to come up with facts surrounding the mass killing of nine people at Arubot of Panchthar. As he said, meticulous investigations into the case are underway and the guilty will be brought to book.
In today's session of the National Assembly (NA), the Home Minister had briefed the session about the incident. He apprised the House that preliminary investigations showed the fatal incident was the outcome of family discord.
He called on locals, lawmakers, political parties and the stakeholders concerned to probe the heart-wrenching incident, assuring that a team assigned to investigate the incident would come up with the related facts within the next few days.
Nine people of two families were murdered in the incident took place on Tuesday night while one was fund hung later. The 13-year-old girl who managed to save her life is being treated in Damak, Jhapa.
Stating that the Home Ministry was in high alert to avert such incidents in the future, he said the Civic-Police Partnership Programme had been implemented to enhance relations between the civilians and police and to combat crime. Just after the Home Minister put his views, lawmaker Anita Devkota, Jitendra Narayan Dev, Ramesh Jung Rayamajhi, Ramprit Paswan, Bimala Rai Poudel and Prakash Panta urged the government to ensure thorough investigations into the case and not to take it as the result of family dispute.
Minister for Education, Science, and Technology, Giriraj Mani Pokhrel presented a proposal to send the "Bill to Amend Some of Nepal Acts- 2075 BS" to the Legislation Management Committee for clause-wise deliberations. The Upper House shall meet again at 11:45 am on May 27.
Of late, our universities are losing the public trust because of the various malpractices existing there. There is confusion among the public as to which...