- Protest affects Hyatt Regency delivering service
- US companies’ message to Trump: Don’t expand China tariffs
- NCP Chair Prachanda seeks honesty to commitments and agreements
- Proposals presented seeking deduction in expenditure of several ministries
- Indian number plate vehicles plying illegally in Siraha
Six die in jeep accident
Okhaldhunga, March 31: Six persons died on the spot in a jeep accident occurred at Hilepani of Manebhanjyang rural munipality-6 in the district today.
Police Inspector at District Police Office, Rajib Shrestha, informed that the jeep (Ba 16 Cha 2207) heading to Kathmandu from Solukhumbu district fell some 200 meter down the roadway at Hilepani, killing six passengers on the spot.
Those killed in the accident have been identified as Mingma Sherpera, 55, from Olajung, and Shamgel Sherpa from Phattalung of Taplejung district; Ngawa Sherpa, 40, and Norbu Sherpa, 35, from Bouddha, Kathmandu. However two others are yet to be identified, the police added.
Three others including a child and driver Krishna Shrestha were seriously injured in the incident. They have been receiving treatment at Astha medical shop of Ghurmi, Udayapur.
Following the entry of the Guthi (Trust) Bill in the National Assembly, members of Kathmandu Valley’s Newar community have consistently been hitting...