- 12th Meeting of Nepal-China Bilateral Consultation Mechanism held in Beijing
- US Senate advances vote on ending military support for Saudis in Yemen
- China probes Canadian on suspicion of 'harming' national security
- Tamang donates land for Ward Office in Kaski district
- Former President pitches for full implementation of constitution
Help desks set up to contain flu outbreak
Jajarkot, April 17: Help desks have been set up to prevent outbreak of seasonal flu including swine flu in other VDCs of Jajarkot district .
According to the decision made by the District Natural Disaster Prevention Committee, help desks have been brought into operation in four flu-sensitive areas of the district since Thursday.
The desks have been set up at Chhedachaur along the border of Jajarkot and Surkhet, Thalaha Bazaar on the border of Jajarkot and Rukum, Dalli on the border of Jajarkot and Rkum and Shanti Chautari of Khalanga Bus Park.
Health check-up and counseling are being carried out through help desks, said Jajarkot District Health Office.
The seasonal flu including swine flu has been detected in Pajaru, Talegaun, Archhani, Paik, Sakla, Nayakwada, Rokayagaun, Laha and Suwanauli VDCs of the district.
Meanwhile, the death toll from swine flu in the district has reached 19 with the demise of Ritu Tamata of Bichpajaru-3 last night. RSS
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...