- Protest affects Hyatt Regency delivering service
- US companies’ message to Trump: Don’t expand China tariffs
- NCP Chair Prachanda seeks honesty to commitments and agreements
- Proposals presented seeking deduction in expenditure of several ministries
- Indian number plate vehicles plying illegally in Siraha
CM Gurung highlights role of people’s movement, armed struggle for change
Pokhara, Feb 13: Gandaki province chief minister Prithvi Subba Gurung has said latest achievements in the country were possible due to the peaceful people’s movement; and the decade-long armed struggle.
In his address to a reception organised in Pokhara by the Nepal Communist Party (NCP), Kaski on the occasion of 24th People’s War Day today, the chief minister said collective contribution; and role of the people’s movement and people’s war were there in materealising the dream of establishing a democratic republic system at home by abolishing monarchy and getting the constitution through the Constituent Assembly.
The chief minister who is also the NCP standing committee member was of the view of making efforts to have independent national economy and towards the establishment of socialism. As he said, the incumbent government has a great opportunity to win the people’s heart and create history through its performance.
Following the entry of the Guthi (Trust) Bill in the National Assembly, members of Kathmandu Valley’s Newar community have consistently been hitting...