- Protest affects Hyatt Regency delivering service
- US companies’ message to Trump: Don’t expand China tariffs
- NCP Chair Prachanda seeks honesty to commitments and agreements
- Proposals presented seeking deduction in expenditure of several ministries
- Indian number plate vehicles plying illegally in Siraha
Naming of province and fixing capital soon: Chief Minister Rai
Biratnagar, Feb 3: Province 1 Chief Minister Sherdhan Rai has said the naming of the province and fixing its capital would be finalized by the winter session of the province assembly which is beginning today.
Talking to media persons today, Chief Minister Rai informed that the assembly would try its best to forge consensus on naming the province and fixing its capital. If the consensus eludes, parliamentary process would be adopted. The naming of the province and its capital would reflect the diversity of the region in terms of geography, population and ethnicities, he asserted.
According to him, the province has so far passed 24 bills, while eight bills are under process and four others registered in the parliament.
On a different note, the Chief Minister shared the information that the province had kept agriculture in high priority. Similarly, the province was going to launch a 'greenery campaign' after a week. (RSS)
Following the entry of the Guthi (Trust) Bill in the National Assembly, members of Kathmandu Valley’s Newar community have consistently been hitting...