- Tilganga Institute of Ophthalmology recognized as WHO collaborating agency
- 28 Indian pilgrims injured in road accident in Mahottari
- NCP Siddharthanagar divide responsibility
- Tourism Investment Summit to be held in February next year
- In lack of elbow room, Nepal Forensic Science Laboratory's works affected
Bazaar shutdown demanding disclosure of facts behind murder
Bhimduttanagar, Aug 21: Agitating locals have enforced shutdown in Bhimduttanagar Bazaar today, protesting police failure to reveal facts behind the murder of 13-year-old Nirmala Pant.
Organizing a press conference on Monday, the District Police Office had made public Dilip Singh Bista, 41, of Bhimdutta municipality-19, Bagfant as a murderer of Pant.
However, locals are not being convinced with this stating Bista was a person with mental retardation and police was not being able to make public the true murderer (s).
Civil society organizations and human rights defenders have been mounting pressure on the police to reveal the facts behind the heinous crime.
Pant's dead body was found in a sugarcane farm on July 27.
The 13th edition of the South Asian Games (SAG) is scheduled to be held in Nepal from December 1 to 10, 2019. The sports authorities are working overtime...