- Japan provides medical equipment worth Rs 1 billion
- China releases white paper on facts and its position on trade friction with U.S.
- Algiers OPEC-non-OPEC meeting snubs U.S. calls to raise oil outputs
- Five years plan be set for country's development: CPN Chair Prachanda
- National interest be considered in citizenship act amendment: Khanal
Prachanda bids farewell to table tennis team taking part in Asiad
Kathmandu, Aug 20: Communist Party of Nepal (CPN)'s chair Pushpa Kamal Dahal Prachanda today bade farewell to a table tennis team representing Nepal in the ongoing 18th Asian Games (Asiad) in Indonesia.
On the occasion, the former Prime Minister giving his best wishes for the success of the team; said he loved table tennis."This is my favourite game and is suitable for people of all age groups", National Sports Council member and team manager Sudil Shahi quoted as saying the leader.
The team includes Anil Ghimire and Sanjeev Dhungel as coaches while Nabina Shrestha, Swechchha Nembang, Rabina Maharjan, Syantu Shrestha, Amarlal Malla and Deep Sawan as players.
A total of 45 nations have taken part in the Asian Games kicked off from Saturday.
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...