- PM Oli remembers late PM Adhikari
- Media has tremendous power in disaster management, says Baskota
- President Xi delivers keynote speech at 2nd Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation
- Putin lauds China infrastructure initiative, warming ties
- Diarrhoea taking week long toll on rural Gulmi village yet to be contained
Dhurmus Suntali Foundation distributes blankets to poor Musahar families
Lahan (Siraha), Jan 13: The Dhurmus-Suntali Foundation today distributed blankets to the poor families of Musahar settlement at Dhobiyadhar and Bharleni in Siraha district.
About 160 families were provided with blankets from the Foundation as they were badly affected by the chilling cold these days.
Foundation's Chair Artiste Sitaram Kattel handed over the blankets to the families amid a function today. The Non Resident Nepalis Association, China (NRNA) had extended its financial supports for the Foundation for the cause.
It may be noted that seven people have lost their lives due to cold wave this winter so far in Siraha district.
Meanwhile, Mirchaiya Municipality has also distributed the warm clothes and blankets to the Dalit, poor and under privileged families at Ward No. 1 and 2 in the municipality.
About 100 families were benefited with the programme, said Municipality Mayor Shrawan Kumar Yadav.
President Bidhya Devi Bhandari is leaving for China on a state visit on Wednesday (April 24). It will be the first state visit of the Head of State after...