- Japan provides medical equipment worth Rs 1 billion
- China releases white paper on facts and its position on trade friction with U.S.
- Algiers OPEC-non-OPEC meeting snubs U.S. calls to raise oil outputs
- Five years plan be set for country's development: CPN Chair Prachanda
- National interest be considered in citizenship act amendment: Khanal
Koirala bats for Biratnagar as provincial capital
Pathari (Morang), Nov 28 : Nepali Congress (NC) leader Dr Shekhar Koirala has urged the voters to cast vote for NC to make Biratnagar as the provincial capital city and also for overall development of Biratnagar.
Addressing an election rally in Budhiganga Rural Municipality in Morang on Monday evening, Dr Koirala said that NC's victory was needed for overall development of Biratnagar.
He also asked the voters to cast vote for NC to ensure their identity, access and representation.
Koirala, also the candidate of Morang-6 for House of Representatives, also pledged to implement social security programme, ensure supplies of drinking water and construct drains.
Claiming that only NC can resolve the problems facing the country, Dr Koirala reiterated NC should win the polls to safeguard the democracy.
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...