- Japan provides medical equipment worth Rs 1 billion
- China releases white paper on facts and its position on trade friction with U.S.
- Algiers OPEC-non-OPEC meeting snubs U.S. calls to raise oil outputs
- Five years plan be set for country's development: CPN Chair Prachanda
- National interest be considered in citizenship act amendment: Khanal
UML Secretary Bhattarai urges UCPN (Maoist) for unconditional dialogue
Surunga (Jhapa), March 3: CPN (UML) Secretary Yogesh Bhattarai has urged the UCPN (Maoist) to sit for unconditional talks.
At a press meet organised by the Press Chautari Nepal, Jhapa, today, UML secretary Bhattarai said that though the incumbent government was the weakest one, they joined it only to promulgate a new constitution.
He added that the parties failed to issue the new constitution on January 22 due to obstruction of UCPN (Maoist).
Bhattarai further said that the new constitution should be promulgated on May 29 at any cost even through voting process if political parties could not forge consensus in this regard.
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...