- Japan provides medical equipment worth Rs 1 billion
- China releases white paper on facts and its position on trade friction with U.S.
- Algiers OPEC-non-OPEC meeting snubs U.S. calls to raise oil outputs
- Five years plan be set for country's development: CPN Chair Prachanda
- National interest be considered in citizenship act amendment: Khanal
Violent wind injures 10
Dhunche (Rasuwa), March 24: As many as 10 locals of Yarsa VDC in Rasuwa district were injured due to violent winds Wednesday.
The last night's strong wind badly affected human settlements in all wards of Yarsa except wards 2 and 3 leaving many people in injury, said Sesang Dawa Tamang, a social worker of Yarsa-7, Langbu.
Among the injured are Shyam Bahadur Tamang, 25, and Dawa Tamang, 23, of Yarsa-7. They are undergoing treatment at Langbu Mini Health Centre.
The wind blew away the temporary huts built by zinc-corrugated sheets provided as post-earthquake relief that put the victims at risk, he added.
An emergency meeting of the District Natural Disaster Rescue Committee on Wednesday decided to assess the details of losses and demand relief from the centre, said Rasuwa Chief District Officer Krishna Prasad Adhikari. RSS
Nepal is holding the fourth Summit of BIMSTEC next week. The regional body is expected to discuss various issues pertaining to connectivity, investment,...